An easy and delicious holiday side dish.
Makes 12 servings.
1. In 12 inch skillet, cook frozen onions on medium-high
heat 18 to 20 minutes or until liquid releases and then
evaporates and onions brown, stirring occasionally.
2. Add butter and reduce heat to medium low. Cook four
minutes or until onions are tender, stirring occasionally.
3. Add flour; cook 1 minute, stirring. Add milk in slow steady
stream, stirring constantly. Add butter; reduce heat to
medium-low. Cook about 10 minutes or until onions are
tender, stirring and scraping pan occasionally.
4. Add flour; cook 1 minute, stirring. Add milk in slow, steady
stream, stirring constantly. Add thyme and bay leaf; heat
to boiling on medium, stirring occasionally.
5. Simmer 5 minutes, stirring, until mixture is creamy and
6. Season with nutmeg, 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/4 teaspoon
freshly ground black pepper. Remove bay leaf and
thyme. Serve hot.