Submit your photos
for the 2021 MG Calendar
Send your photos to:
Deadline to submit photos
is May 20, 2020.
* Be sure to take Spring photos for the photo contest for the 2021 Master Gardeners calendar.
* Spring photo ideas include: Bulbs and rhizomes blooming (tulips, iris, etc.), budding fruit trees, cool season vegetable crops, etc.
* As you take your walk in your garden, bring along your camera and capture Spring as it is unfolding in your garden.
Photos MUST be properly named in the JPEG format only to be accepted for consideration. You will have to rename the files in order to submit them.
You will have to rename each one of your photos. For example, the
picture above would be renamed:
MikeWilbanks, Craighead, Doubletrueblood, SP.jpeg
(my name, county name, brief description, season photo submitted for, .jpeg)
LANDSCAPE DIMENSION ONLY, PLEASE!
PLEASE UNDERSTAND, if you do not properly name your photo(s), and adhere to the following conditions, they will not be sent to the selection committee for consideration.
1. Only four (4) entries per person (one per season). Meaning only one Winter (WI), one Spring (SP), one Summer (SU), and one Fall (FA) photo may be entered in the 2021 MG Calendar Contest.
2. All photos need be between 1 mb and 7 mb for the resolution to be good enough for full page reproduction by the offset printing method.
3. Photos must be sent as attachment(s) to email document. “Drag and Drop” files will not be accepted.
4. All photographs must have been taken inside the borders of the state of Arkansas.
TIP: With today's ever improving photographic technology, using cell phones for photo submission might or might not generate the required resolution for large calendar images. However, they may be acceptable for the additional smaller shots that appear each month.
If you have any questions, please contact me at any time.
Source: "The Gardener Wife Newsletter".
ZOOM MG TRAINING CLASS 2020
Dates are Wednesdays starting September 2, 2020 thru
September 30, 2020.
Location will be announced.
Deadline to register is August 7, 2020.
MG ONLINE TRAINING PROGRAM 2021
Online training on your computer at your home on your time are January 14 thru March 31, 2021.
Deadline to register is December 11, 2020.
For more information, a registration form, and to pay class fees; contact your county extension office. In Baxter County, contact Brad Runsick at the University of Arkansas Division of Agriculture Cooperative Extension office at 870-425-2335; or visit at 3 East 9th Street, Mountain Home.
Here’s this month’s gardening checklist. Just a few things to consider as we head into peak gardening season.
For more information, contact the University of Arkansas Division of Agriculture Cooperative Extension Service at 870-425-2335.
Brown Bag Lecture Series via Zoom
Hosted by White County
12:05 p.m. to 12:50 p.m.
April 15 - Cool New Plants by Dr. Jim Robbins
April 22 - Pollinator Appreciation by Jon Zawislak
April 29 - Healthy Trees, Healthy Lives: How to Take Care of Trees So They Can Take Care of Us by Krista Quinn
Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android, or by phone.
Logon to Buddy Messages for full information.
The Beauty of Pollination - Wings of Life
Watch the beauty of pollination captured like never before in Disneynature's Wings of Life.
(If you don't want to watch the commercial in front, this clip is on utube at
Make sure you turn up the sound!!